Monday, April 23, 2007

 

Louis' "African Adventure"!

In May of 2006 I first met Louis-Gabriel Lavigne through e-mail, as he asked for some advice, which I provided. He had a fresh Commercial License, and was "set" to "hit the market". Check out a "Post" I published in Oct. 2006 to give some insight into how Louis-Gabriel's career took hold.

POST - Sometimes I Give "Good Advice"..........

Anyways, Louis is in "AFRICA"! now, and I just received an e-mail from him, and some pictures. Let's get an "UPDATE" on Louis-Gabriel!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 17:40:05

From: "LG Lav"

Subject: Hello from Africa.

To: otterflogger@yahoo.com

Hello Steve,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been flying in Africa for the last 7 months on a 206/208 based out of Lilongwe in Malawi and I'm in the process of moving northwards to Tanzania to start as FO on the Twotter in late May. I can't start telling you how reading your blog made me miss Canadian bush flying, especially this winter when you were posting 'winter flying' pictures while I was drenched in sweat in +45 degree Celsius weather!!!!

Will be spending another 12 months out here, before coming back home to what I love most, Float Flying!

Thought you might enjoy some pictures which were taken in Mozambique, Malawi, and Tanzania......

Best Wishes,

Louis-Gabriel Lavigne -Arusha, Tanzania-

P.S- Included are what fuel cells in our 206 look like in Africa! (They passed inspection by the way! (Scary eh!))
------------------------------------------

 

Louis' "runway"...........

 

Louis and some "beautiful kids"..........

 

Fuel "bladders".........

 

Yes, they have seen some "use"...........
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck on the Twin Otter position, Louis-Gabriel, you will love the airplane! There are many "memories" that are about to "be made" for you! Keep in touch! Thanks for the e-mail and pics!

"Cheers",

Steve

Comments:
Thanks for your valuable contribution!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home