Saturday, March 15, 2008

 

LAX "Traffic"!

Last summer I received an e-mail from Mark Syme, fellow Chemainus, B.C.'s "Daniel St./Holly Street" neighbourhood "alumnus", and in the e-mail was a link to a great tool to watch aircraft movements at "LAX". I never "investigated" the "tool" as thoroughly as I would have liked, as June is very busy, numerous 5 AM departures. Then it got "absorbed" into my e-mail files, and became "forlorn" amongst the hundreds of e-mails I receive daily. Well, I recently went looking for the e-mail, found it, and have been using the "tool". It is a "Live Airport Monitor". It is very interesting and entertaining, it sure is an "eye-opener" regarding aircraft movements, and "congestion" that can occur. My hat is off to the Air Traffic Controllers! I will let Mark explain some of the features of the "tool".....
-----------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007

From: "Mark Syme"

Subject: LAX Traffic

To: "Steven Taylor" otterflogger@yahoo.com

Hi Steve,

I recently came across this one and passed it along to my Dad and another friend. Really cool to watch the "buzz".

Cheers,

Mark
-----

Hi,

Interesting, you can watch the traffic-flow at LAX in real time.

LINK - http://www4.passur.com/lax.html

Let the page load completely - it could take a minute or 2 for the graphics to load.

The "Legend" at the bottom right corner explains the traffic.

If you use the functions to pan out to "80 miles" it gives a much better idea of the volumes involved.

And if you click on a specific aircraft it gives you some brief info.

Also, here's the link to other airports including JFK -

LINK - http://www.passur.com/airportmonitor-locations.htm

Mark
--------------------------------------

"Very cool" to watch the "buzz". Thanks for sharing this information, Mark. Have fun! I am sure that "bad wx" and aircraft "rush hour" can combine to create some "stressful" situations!

"Adios"!

(P.S.)
 

2nd daughter Kody, "Stanley", son Shane, and cousin Reggie "The Rifle" Leach say "Hello"!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home