Saturday, March 01, 2008

 

"To Our Parents".......

The "lead up" to the U.S. Presidential election continues, with John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama "in the News" everyday. John McCain's "Hanoi Hilton" story comes to mind as I watch him on CNN, quite unbelievable, beaten repeatedly, and three years of "solitary confinement" during five and a half years as a POW. He was shot down while piloting an A-4E "Skyhawk", and parachuted into Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi. I have always been "enthralled" by the "Vietnam story", and the "terrible mistakes" and "miscues" made during that "conflagration". As far as I am concerned, many of the the Vietnam "Vets" have been mistreated at home since the end of that war, doing what was asked of them by their country. I believe the "emotional and physical scars" are many. I point this out because there are servicemen and servicewomen overseas "as I write" who will need support once they return, and I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Anyways, here is a tribute made by Gary and Elaine Clegg of GCS Distributing, and here are Gary's words.........

"My wife and I originally created this presentation for our parents who served in the Vietnam War era. Many of the emotional wounds of that time are still very painful. We wanted them to know that we know their service to their country was honorable. Though we could not be there then, here is our emotional dressing for old wounds that never healed."
-----------------------------------------------

TRIBUTE - "To Our Parents".......

I "pray" we don't "discard" the next "generation" of "returning soldiers".............

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home