Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Steve's Video Of The Day: I Said "Hello, Dolly".........

"I said hello, Dolly,......well, hello, Dolly
It's so nice to have you back where you belong
You're lookin' swell, Dolly.......I can tell, Dolly
You're still glowin'...you're still crowin'...you're still goin' strong
I feel that room swayin'......while the band's playin'
One of your old favourite songs from way back when
So..... take her wrap, fellas.......find her an empty lap, fellas
Dolly'll never go away again"............
--------------------------------------------------------

Crap, don't mind me, I have "Satchmo" ringing in my ears right now. What a great voice to go along with his persona. Anyways, you have probably heard in "aviation lore" about all sorts of things pilots have attempted with airplanes. Well, be prepared to witness one of them. When a floatplane is landed on the grass and taken to the hangar for maintenance, obviously it has to depart once again. Landing a floatplane on grass is easier than becoming airborne on grass. This is where "Dolly" comes in. Put the aircraft on a "dolly", fire it up, tow it down the runway, and, once a certain speed is attained, push the throttle to "Warp Factor 9", and you are airborne. Get ready, here is how the good people at Hill Aircraft Service Ltd. in Prince George, B.C., accomplish a "dolly take-off"!

VIDEO - I Said "Hello, Dolly".........
--------------------------------------------------

***BONUS MATERIAL: HEAR A "CLASSIC" SING A "CLASSIC"!***

Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong sings!

AUDIO - "Hello, Dolly"!

(I love his voice!)


"Satchmo"! Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home