Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Steve's Video Of The Day: Blue Angels Perform!

The Blue Angels are the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps aerial flight demonstration team. Contrary to popular belief, the team mission is not to "wow" everybody at airshows and allow pilots to walk around with large "heads and egos". The actual mission is to enhance Navy and Marine Corp recruiting, and represent naval service. The team members also serve as positive role models, and goodwill ambassadors. The "best of the best", so to speak. They had an impact on me, as I can remember as a young kid growing up on Vancouver Island I was given a Blue Angels assembled model aircraft by an older neighbour, Mark Syme. Shit, I was only 5 or 6 at the time, but I remember the aircraft. It was an F-11 Tiger, and I also remember when they started flying the F-4 Phantom.

The Blue Angels were the brainchild of Admiral "Chester" W. Nimitz, in 1946. Their first aircraft was the F-6 Hellcat. Today, they fly the outstanding F-18. I would give my "left nut" to be a Navy or Marine pilot, and... "Hey, I have had all my kids already! I would give both nuts!" Hmmm..... "On second thought, I would lose my deep voice, and also walk funny!" No, my time is past, but what a great opportunity and career await some young men and women with the determination, desire, and drive. With the decline in recruiting in the U.S., due basically to the turmoil in the Middle East, there will be some awesome opportunities available to those with the "sense of duty" to serve. Go for it! At the end of your career, many years hence, you will look back, and have a lifetime of memories and accomplishments. President Reagan summed it all up in one quote, which I believe applies to all the military;

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" -President Ronald Reagan

WEB-SITE - The Official Blue Angels Web-Site

VIDEO - Blue Angels Perform!


Blue Angels! Posted by Picasa


A picture of perfection. Posted by Picasa


The Angels with their C-130 Hercules. Posted by Picasa


Peel-off! Posted by Picasa


JATO (Jet Assist Take-Off) Packs blazing, and visible "vortices" leaving the props, the Angels Herc takes to the skies! Posted by Picasa


Sleekness defined. Posted by Picasa


"Taxi to position"......... Posted by Picasa


Angels Herc and "Old Glory".......Boy, I sure wish Canada was a country of flag-wavers, but, alas..... Posted by Picasa


Precision defined. Posted by Picasa


Inverted....... Posted by Picasa


Heading for the skies. Posted by Picasa


"Over the top".......... Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa

Outstanding photos, detailing what could be a very challenging and rewarding career. Check it out, young people. Contact info is on the web-site. Yes, the "Chester Nimitz Air Force" (Blue Angels) put on a great show!


Till we meet again, "Adios!" Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home