Wednesday, December 08, 2004

 

Why I Love Canada

Man, I tell you. The Middle East. The birthplace of civilization ( ? ). From the days of BC to the days of AD. The tremendous minds that lived and died. What could have been built and what should have been. Except for one thing. HATE! Total, unadulterated hatred. Hatred of anyone who thinks different from you, even slightly. Hatred of anything western. I am beginning to think the hatred has been going on for so long, and is so deep, it is genetic. Depressing. Then, my thoughts wander back to North America, Canada, to Vancouver, B.C.. A city so ethnically diverse, a model for the world. Now, I didn't say there aren't problems, as there always will be with congregated masses, but a tolerant city nonetheless. People of all genders, races, ethnic backgrounds, political leanings, religious backgrounds can live together peacefully. And you know the ironic thing? The differences complement each other. Fifteen years ago saw a large increase in immigration. Since then, the different cultures and ethnicities have embraced each other. A place to worship and not be worried about your place of worship, whichever type of building it may be, being car-bombed. Anyways, hats off to North America and our way of life. I am not sure the current situation in the Middle East was the right way to pursue the problem, but freedom isn't free and we should always be vigilant. There are elements out to acquire apocalyptic weapons, that is their goal. Check out the video clips, and tell me there isn't HATRED! Scary stuff! Hopefully, not everyone thinks that way, and I don't think they do. Still, a mess. Hats off to the U.S. and Canada, and I proudly salute all the U.S. Veterans and Canadian Veterans!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home