Monday, March 19, 2007

 

***Updated!*** European "Terrorist Threat" Status Report!

-Updated European Terrorist Threat Status Report-


The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their threat level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." There is some concern that things will worsen and security levels will rapidly be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the 1940 "Blitz" when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

On the continent, the French government announced yesterday it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." In order to understand how serious this is to the French, the only two higher levels are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

It is not only the English and French that are on a heightened "Alert Level". A normally reliable source in Italy informs us that the alert level there has increased from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." The two remaining higher alert states are "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

In formerly militaristic Germany, the alert status has been raised from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Put on Your Best Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." Once again, the only two remaining alert levels are "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

In Belgium, on the other hand, they are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat which captures their attention is worry that NATO might pull out of Brussels.

And in Russia, they are excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Russian Navy can get a good look at the old Russian Navy.
------------------------------------------------------------

.......and Europe continues to "slumber".........

 

(actual photo from a "protest" in Britain)

Comments:
Well, unfortunately the world is not black and white only.

I have to admit I really like your blog, when it is about aviation.

Your political articles are not really what I like, your opinion seems to be pretty much the opposite to mine, for me far too much what might be called neo-liberal, but what I call blind trust in every crude decision of the most incompetent President the US ever had. Even if I would find a politician I like, I trust, I would still not follow him blindly, still question his decisions. They are politicians, not god-chosen messiahs!
But well, your opinion, my opinion, that's fine. I do not want to convince you. I read your blog regularly in-spite of your opinion, why not? I am liberal enough to be able not only to tolerate but to accept other opinions.

But your last article really made me sad. It is about the dumbest stuff I ever read, not funny at all, not profound, not clever in any way, just plain dumb. Using every old prejudice that can be found it only shows the boundedness, the ignorance of its author. Sorry to say this like this, but I cannot find other words.

Greetings from good old Europe, Germany, Munich
Steve

You can delete this post if you like, I wanted to send you a personal email, I just couldn't find your address.
 
No, the world is many "beautiful colours". Also, personal opinions are just that, "opinions". That's funny, I can't find in my Blog what might pertain to when you say "what I call blind trust in every crude decision of the most incompetent President the US ever had." Most "posts" in my Blog other than aviation are for supporting "The Troops", and I have always stated that whatever your opinion of the "Global situation", the "Troops" must be supported. Also, don't tell me that "my opinion states politicians are God-chosen Messiahs". Where does it say that? It sounds like your "emotions" are guiding your pen. "Boundedness and ignorance"? Open your eyes, since the breakup of the Soviet Union, there is a "terrible ideology" spreading worldwide, and Europe is the short-term "goal". Yes, opinions are personal, and allowed to be "spoken-freely" in a "democratic country". Public dissent" can be a very important tool, as we all know what happens when "public dissent" is "quashed" by "dictators and gangsters" posing as World leaders. In closing, the "post" wasn't meant to offend, just "catalyze" thought, and it seems it did just that.

Cheers,

Steve
 
Post a Comment

<< Home